A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Frugal and Family and Feelings and Funny

F is for FRUGAL



People often ask how on earth we can afford to have "so many kids" on one income. We live fairly simply. If we can, we make it. Like the bunkbeds here. Paul made them. He's currently refurbishing a bookcase for me, which I'm really excited about. Once it's done, I can unpack the last 4 boxes of School Room Stuff.


We bargain shop, clip coupons, watch for sales, and do without.





Although I no longer sew all (or even most, sigh) of my childrens' clothes, I do still do their haircuts.


I've been known to re-use clean ziplock bags, mailing pouches/boxes, plastic flatware, and other odds and ends others might have thrown away. Although, I have to be careful, as I have hoarder genes in my family, and Paul wants to be sure we don't end up leaving an attic full of boxes of empty film canisters and stacks of magazines for the children to dispose of when we're gone.


It does feel good to declutter every once in a while, too, and Paul has been urging me to do more of that lately. I guess I felt like we purged so much with the move I could have time off for good behavior, but it appears not.


F is for FAMILY





I love my family. My family is my life. Which makes Feelings of Frustration and Failure so much harder to deal with. Some days I feel like a Fat Flop of a wife, mother, homeschooler, etc. Fortunately, my Faith helps me pick myself up and keep trying, even when I'd rather Feel sorry for myself for Failing yet AGAIN.

Finally, F is for Funny. Hannah Fell earlier and came running to me, crying. I held her and she said, "I fell down the stairs!" (2 steps) "Oh, no!" I sympathized, "Where are you hurt?" "On the FLOOR!" she responded. Made me chuckle.

2 comments:

  1. Your family is beautiful.
    Blessings to you and yours~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair cuts are a great money saver! After I learned to trim my own bangs (not even hard!) I swore I'd never go back to paying $15 for a trim again. :)

    ReplyDelete