A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Thin Stix from Kwik Stix


We had a fabulous time trying out Kwik Stix regular and their metalix and neon paint sticks last year.  These are easy art supplies that we reach for over and over.  So when the opportunity came up for us to try the new Thin Stix, we couldn't wait to get our hands on them!


If you're familiar with regular Kwik Stix, you know that they're mess free tempera paint in a tube similar to a glue stick.  They're easy to use, and the paint dries super fast on paper.


We've been working on making a dinosaur book, and Hannah used the new Thin Stix to create the cover for it.


The kids used our Thin Stix to make dragon pictures for Chinese New Year.


They like the ability to add greater detail to their drawings with the thinner sticks.  Hannah's got a warrior, a hanging lantern, and a fire that the dragon lit on her picture.


Kwik Stix are great for kids of all ages.  We've used them with preschoolers through teenagers.  The colors are vivid, and do not fade.  I like using them myself for classroom posters and instructional aids.


We even used our Metalix Kwik Stix to put gold rims on our Chinese lantern decorations!


One of my sons is away at boot camp, and my girls send him cards of encouragement.


I love the way I can set out construction paper and Kwik Stix and then step back and watch the creativity flow!




This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. We've got to get these! We just finished out second Home Art Studio project and the kids really love it. I like doing some art myself, too, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Being creative helps my sense of well being. I've been puttering in the sewing room, and I hope to have a sew & show very soon! :)

      Delete