A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Our VBS Week


Hard to believe I'm down to only 2 kids young enough for VBS.  I remember when Zach was a helper, and everybody from Annaliese to Jack was attending.


The girls had a great time, but I wasn't crazy about the pins put into their dresses.


So I put their name tags on ribbons, instead.


Josiah got Paul a new knife for Father's Day.


It has a fire department logo on it.


Teens are so much fun!  For Christmas, Annaliese gave us a gift certificate to a game room.  We finally used it last week, and we solved the puzzle with 11 minutes to spare!


At the risk of repeating myself, we went bowling again, courtesy of Kids Bowl Free.  We are getting out and having fun this summer, and it makes me happy.


I attended volunteer orientation at BloodSource HQ.  I've volunteered at our local office a couple of times, so it was neat to get some company history and see the behind the scenes.  There are some more volunteer opportunities that piqued my interest, so it will be neat to get to do different things, instead of "just" snack lady.


Friday of VBS, they ask all the parents to come for a closing program, of course.  After 20+ years of graduations, Christmas programs, and things like this, I don't even feel guilty about admitting how much I hate these events.


But Miss Hannah got an award ribbon (along with, like 39 other kids, of course, all called up one kid at a time...) so I guess that makes it all worth while?  I'm not convinced.


Bri dyed her hair blue.  It looks adorable on her.


The girls are in that awkward, between sizes thing with Hanna Anderssen clothes.  110 and 120 that they've worn for a year or two already have shrunk up enough that they're too short.  120 and 130 that are nice and new are really long on them.  Ah well.  They'll grow, right?


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. I hate those award ceremonies, too. :) But congrats to your sweet girl who was recognized. I'll bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for admitting it! I feel like such a horrible mom for saying it out loud, but I'd literally rather be at the dentist.

      Delete