A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

CaNeUt Day 4 - Travel to Salt Lake City


After our hike day, we packed up and set out for Salt Lake City.  (If you've missed any of the previous days, start with Day 1.)


Drive through rocks.


Spans of gorgeous, interesting scenery.


And then, Paul spotted this sign.  Truck Show.


Now Paul loves trucks.  So we stopped to check it out.


 As truck shows go, it wasn't super large, so I followed Paul around and took pictures of him,


while he took pictures of trucks.  Then we had a late breakfast in Panguitch.  It actually looked like a mildly interesting little town with an annual quilt walk that has a neat story behind it.

From there, we set out for Salina, UT.  I got the chance to meet up with a friend who was about 10 miles off the freeway from there.


We knew we were off the beaten path (and off the freeway) when we started seeing cattle saunter across the road.


These guys were right out the window.


My friend Rosa and I had a lovely visit, and I got to meet her family for the first time.  When it was time for us to head on down the road, Paul took this horrible picture.


Fortunately, one of Rosa's daughters took this much better one, and I snagged it off facebook.

We got into Salt Lake City around dinnertime and ate at our hotel.  I think we were both ready to be out of the car for a while, having spent 3 of the last 4 days driving.

And that's the end of Day 4!


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. We always travel I-15 through Utah, so we've never once seen cattle on the road!! Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this was off the beaten path a bit. Fish Lake National Forest.

      Delete