A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Hawaii

One of my favorite parts of being in Hawaii is being able to just hop in the ocean whenever we felt like it. 


I just liked having my feet in the sand, and the warm water up to about my knees. 


Josiah, however, was wearing jeans and socks and tennies, and declined to get in, this particular time. 


So we took pictures of each other. 


I enjoyed having Josiah come with me.  There were times when we went in different directions, but it was nice to have someone familiar to share meals with. 


I had to stop and snap this.  The banyan trees were really cool, but I was also struck by the image of my grown children setting off on their own.  This is a weird phase of life for me.  It's easy to look at a baby and think, "Wow.  We made that."  Or even to acknowledge, "I kept the small humans alive today."  But to see my children turn into interesting adults, not because of me, but almost despite my failings, has been really mind boggling. 


So Josiah turned 21 shortly before our trip.  And Annaliese is 23. 


I'm not much of a drinker, like, at all, but they did manage to order me something that was fruity enough for me to not make faces as I sipped it. 


They tasted a few other things. 


Note:  This post from 2018 was found in my draft folder and published 2 years later.  Whoops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment