A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Two Graduations


Jack graduated from 8th grade in a class of 3, so 8th grade graduation was combined with a general elementary/middle school end of year ceremony. 


Look at all those trophies!  (I'm a horrible mother.  I saw those and thought, "Ugh, we have to sit through all that??") 


Katie and Hannah both received a variety of certificates.


It would have been more expedient for some students if they could just stay on the stage and the presenter could give them awards in multiple categories all at the same time.  But I'm not in charge of the world.  So we got to see them go up and down the steps over and over and over. 


And there's my graduate.  While he didn't make honor roll for all 4 quarters, he did get an award for Most Improvement.  I was pretty happy about how much progress he made this school year, and glad the school recognized it. 


He also grew 3 pants sizes during the course of the year, which has me a little concerned for the "freshman growth spurt" due to happen this coming school year. 


Katie and her teacher.


Hannah and her teacher.


Very proud of my boy! 


Brianna and Eli had one more day of school than the younger kids did, but I got a Last Day of School picture of them all together, anyway. 


Then it was time for Brianna's graduation!  My mom, my graduate, and me. 


Walking the stage.


Miss Adorable took a family picture for us.  It's so rare that my 4 girls are all together, I should have gotten a picture of just them, but I didn't think of it at the time. 


Brianna and Boy


Afterwards, we went out for frozen yogurt.


I think I caught Bri taking off some of the "extras" here. 


Hannah and Katie did really well through the long ceremony.  I think it helps that they were sitting with Annaliese, and I was between Eli and Josiah. 


Everybody was SO DONE with school, this was a nice start to summertime. 


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment