A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, October 10, 2019

School Pictures and More


So last time we talked about animals, I think we had a foster kitten and a couple of foster bunnies.  


Puff and Blackberry grew big enough to be altered, and they've gone to the adoption floor now.  I'm taking a little break from fostering, so our only household livestock are Grumman and Tuzi. 


We went to a jump place with an above ground course.  Yes, that's Josiah.  He had a blast. 


We were there for Brayden's birthday.


Jack, Josiah, Eli, Zach.  Just missing Sam.  My boys.  💙 


This guy recently had a birthday, and I took him out for ice cream to celebrate.  Because you're never too old for birthday ice cream. 


First time in a movie theater in over 2 years!  Paul and I went while the kids were in school. 


Eli and I did the Walk For Alzheimer's. 


And Grumman had to check out all the loot I brought home.  Eli said it was like grown up trick or treating, shuffling from vendor table to vendor table.  There was a lot of loot.  Some of it, we bypassed because, let's face it, who wants to carry a ceramic mug while they're walking a mile?  But I'm set on pens for quite a while.  And we got a new water bottle, which is nice, since the girls' Shriners bottles melted a bit in the dishwasher.  They're supposed to have a water bottle at school. 


Isn't he regal?  He's added so much to our lives. 


I feel like this face needs an evil laugh to go with it, bwa ha ha ha!


Aaaand there's glasses glare.  (We're not even going to discuss the hair, that he actually *did* get cut before the picture.)

Katie's picture looks pretty good. 


Eli at the air show with a tank. 


Milestone!  This was my very first "by myself" 5K.  Eli has been doing them with me.  This one, I signed up for with my exercise class, and everyone is at different levels.  We had people doing the half marathon and people doing the 5K.


So, I was part of a group, but I walked/jogged by myself, instead of with a buddy.  I pushed myself, and set a new personal record.  I'm not a runner, I'm a walker.  But I did jog more little bursts than I have in previous races, and I came in at 50:01. 


And the race pictures?  Yikes.  I think my next race goal is going to be to end up with a photo where my EYES are OPEN and my mouth is closed. 

My next race is the Be The Gift 5K in support of organ donation awareness.   I'd love to have you sponsor me! 


4 comments:

  1. Your take on the kids' school pictures made me snort with laughter. I love it!

    It's a good thing you take so many good pictures of your kids on your own! :)

    Congrats on your continued walking/racing/contributing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is still not Hannah's worst school pic. One of her preschool ones was so awful it just makes us laugh. I do love taking pictures of my kids. The older ones are really over it at this point, but they'll occasionally humor me, with eye rolls.

      Delete
  2. They are all growing up so quick. Aren't school pictures supposed to be silly and crazy? Looks like everything is going pretty well.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They learn and grow and change crazy fast. Even the adult children.

      Delete