A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Our Week

We've progressed from wind to rain here.  I'm trying not to think about it being dark and drippy from now until March.  I do much better with the sunshine.  


Over the 5 day weekend last week, I read an entire Susan May Warren trilogy, and started another one.  I was lamenting that I wouldn't hit my Goodreads goal this year, but I forgot that I tend to do a lot more reading once the weather gets yucky.  I may make it (or come pretty close) after all.  


I took this picture to remind me to make a shelf marker to divide the biography section from the Dewey section in picture books.  I've emptied out yet another tote this week in the library, and finished processing the October books I ordered last month, and received a bag and box of donated books.  All that to say that the additional book volume necessitates some adjustments to our shelves.  I'm getting close to having enough room for another half sized bookcase in the library, under the white board.  --Not that I *have* another half sized bookcase, but one can hope.  


Miss Fiona had to check out the empty tote I brought home.  Grumman considers such antics beneath him.  


The middle school flag football team had a scrimmage game against the high schoolers.  Having kids on both sides, we didn't really care who won, so it was fun to watch.  I somehow missed getting a picture of Katie in her uniform. 


So here's a picture of the uniform in the laundry.  She's got 2 games coming up this week.


Jack Jack lost his glasses at a shoot last summer, and we didn't manage to get him in before school started.  Getting both Jack and Hannah into Costco optical center was Top Priority for fall break, and this week the glasses were ready to pick up.  


Hannah's new glasses are about an inch wider than her old ones (which she broke a couple days before the new ones were picked up).  


I did guided spider web drawings with a couple classes in the library this week, and thought it would be fun to do them with the girls over the weekend.  At home, we used black paper and paint markers.  

2 comments:

  1. The glasses look great! Both pairs!

    You're building such a wonderful library. You almost inspire me to work on our home library . . . almost. :)

    I hope the sun comes out often enough that you feel happy while also getting to indulge in plenty of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack is delighted to be able to see clearly again. I feel bad that I didn't manage to get that done over the summer. But the timing was perfect for Hannah.

      Delete