A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Homeschool Weekly Wrap Up - Week 10


Although we're still learning about Brazil, a thoughtful friend of mine sent us a package of goodies from CANADA!  So we backtracked a little and got to put flag stickers on the different provinces and territories.


Any project with stickers is an immediate hit, right?  


Now that Hannah and Mr Jingle Pants are in school, they have HOMEWORK.
I brought the little table upstairs so they could work in the school room with us.
I'm really feeling the urge to redo the school room.  What we've got going here isn't working for the volume of people using the room.  While I LOVE the idea of a room full of books, I think we may need a room full of work surfaces and chairs even more.  Still percolating on ideas.  


Jack Jack doing his spelling.  He's outgrowing this seating setup.  
The "desk" is actually the base of Annaliese's old high chair.  


Eli doing his math.  This is my desk.


In case anyone wondered, I'm not crazy about the idea of homework for kindergarteners.  
Yes, they look cute together.
But getting them through their homework each morning (they're PM K, so we do it after we drop off 4/9 of the kids at school) is "interesting."  They're willing, but their abilities are questionable.  


Another "didn't wow me" craft.  :(  This is the drinking straw flute.  


The book talks about how varying the length of the straw will effect the pitch.
Bri went short, and decided it was actually doll sized.  


Uh huh.  


Since we backtracked into Canada, I picked up some Maple Leaf Cookies at Trader Joe's.  


Enraptured with maple?  


Trying to get us back on track, Brianna made ambrosia from scratch.  


None of us were impressed.  


Is it just me, or do homeschoolers usually have weird stuff going on in their kitchens?  
Learning about phloem and xylem.  


I finally had a chance to go through the kids' color coded school folders.  Kind of like a cumulative file, only they'd accumulated way too much.  So I pulled all of last year's tests out.  Somehow, looking at the 3" stack made me feel better about how much we accomplished last year.  
I also loved finding cards, love notes, mom appreciation poems, etc in their folders.  :)  
It gives me the motivation to keep going.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

 Your click on the above link may help drive more traffic to my blog.  Which means more people who will see our Fundraisers Page and may make a purchase.  You can click once a day.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are enjoying your homeschooling years. Thanks for linking up over at WholeHearted Home.

    ReplyDelete