A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Egglo Entertainment Glow In The Dark Easter Eggs


This was a fun review!  Our family was provided with glow in the dark Egglo Eggs, The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure Book, and other materials from Egglo Entertainment.  With Easter coming up fast, you'll want to hear about this neat group of products.  

Egglo Review
Although designed to be used in a Sunday School setting, it's easy to adapt them for other activities.  The program guide offers lots of ideas for how to use them at church, such as decorating and creative snack suggestions.  The Empty Tomb snack has a healthy and a junk food option, which is nice.  Consider passing this info on to the Sunday School director at your church for a one of a kind outreach to the community!  Wouldn't a nighttime Easter egg hunt be a big draw?  The program guide even has invitations you can print.  
Egglo Review
These eggs are durable.  Check out the egg smashing video for hilarious proof of durability.  The eggs open lengthwise instead of like a traditional plastic egg, and one of the things I particularly liked about these eggs while I was filling them was the fact that they go together easily without a "one right way" only.  --It may seem like a silly thing to like, but I like things as idiot proof as possible right now, and I'm okay with one cross being upside down on the closed egg, if it means I don't have to fiddle around with it while I'm filling quickly.  (Because you know I was asked to fill these up over and over again!)  
Egglo Review
In the photo above, you can see all the materials.  Here are the prices:  
*Glow in the Dark Egglo Eggs ($11.99)
*The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure ($12.99)
*The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure (book audio download) ($2.99) 
*Egglo Treasures Scripture Scrolls ($4.29) 
*The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure Program Guide ($14.99) 
Egglo Review
Obviously, the kids were most excited about the glowing eggs.  The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure Book, however, kept their attention while I read to them.  These materials are geared for ages 4-13, but personally, I found them to exceed that range, with both my 3 year old and my 14 year old enjoying them.  

Jack likes to see the pictures while I read, while the older kids are content to imagine the action.


It's a tale of 3 children who go on a magical adventure and find glowing eggs with scriptures and riddles inside them.  They even visit Easter Island.  



After their adventure, and the scriptural truths the kids discover, they are changed enough that their parents notice and comment about it.  



Our personal experience was that the eggs didn't charge as much as I hoped.  I spread them out on the floor of my closet, turned the light on, and shut the door so the kids wouldn't mess with them.  I "turned" (okay, so I sorta kicked them around a little) them after a couple of hours and then left them to charge longer.  We used them after they'd been in there about 4 hours.  They were not as bright as I was expecting them to be.  


Next time we use them, I will try charging with a desk lamp and having the eggs very close to it.


Katie loves to come up and color while we do school.


The program guide contains a section of coloring pages!    There were quite a few of them, and the kids liked choosing which ones they wanted to color.


The kids were quite curious about the little plastic scrolls we received.   


Turns out, they are the perfect size for Playmobil play!


"Hear ye the Word of the LORD!"

Egglo's glow in the dark Easter eggs and other materials are a beautiful way to illustrate that Jesus is the LIGHT of the world!  These would make a fun neighborhood outreach, too.  
Connect with Egglo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, or Pinterest!  
Egglo Review
Crew Disclaimer
Click to read Crew Reviews
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment