A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Truly's Natural Deodorant


Changing from a chemical laden life to a more natural lifestyle is a constantly evolving process.  It's not like flipping a switch from one to the other.  I shared recently that I'd changed to more natural hair products several years ago.  When the opportunity came up for me to review Truly's Natural Deodorant, I had heard good things about the product on another blog, so I decided to give it a try.

When it arrived, it was a warm day, and the product was creamy.  It passed the sniff test, with a scent that reminds me of suntan oil.


Check out that ingredient list!  Organic coconut oil, organic powdered sugar, baking soda, and beeswax!  That's it!  No scary stuff.  Natural enough that I could, conceivably make it in my own kitchen, if I were into that sort of thing.  Which, given that I have a hard time making the essential things, like dinner, is not going to happen.  But it could, in theory.

Okay, so it's natural.  But does it work??  I remember being told about the dangers of aluminum in antiperspirant many years ago and deciding I'd rather risk Alzheimer's later in life than have stinky pits.  I think there's a tendency to think that natural=ineffective.

I gave it a try.  I noticed a little dampness a couple times, but no unpleasant odors.  I was pleased with how well it works.


Truly's also comes in a kids version, and in creamsicle scent.

I think the biggest downside to this product is the packaging.  I'm used to bar style antiperspirant, which is easy to apply without getting messy.  Using Truly's Natural Deodorant, you have to scoop up a little bit and smooth it on with your fingers.  Not a big deal, and not a huge deterrent, but it's "different," and different can take some getting used to.

You can purchase Truly's from their website, or on Amazon, where it's currently selling for $8.99.


Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above in exchange for review from Giveaway Service website. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Reference ID: pm48db71587df6c7c442e5b76cc723169a

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that line about "making the essential things, like dinner" so funny. I will look into this. I have been looking for a natural deo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People give teens a bad rap, but it's really nice to have kids that are old enough to forage for themselves (and sometimes even their younger siblings!) when I don't feel like cooking and Dad is gone.

      Delete