A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Our Week with a Visit From Zach


This week has been a rainy one.  In our homeschool, we're working on several review products, which I'll be sharing with you soon.  In case you missed some of our recent reviews, we've been having a blast with Laser Maze, Jr. and we've also discovered a way to make learning the multiplication table less painful.


Jack is drawing more neon sword fight pictures.  I'm glad we currently have an abundance of sketch paper!


Did you know the Bible mentions dragons?  I think that's cool.  Jack is copying a verse with "dragon" in it.


The language arts program we're working on includes spelling.  I kind of miss the stories from Spelling You See, which you guys know I love, because I've gushed on and on about them.  But we're learning a lot more than spelling with these other materials.

I made a batch of green rice for St. Patrick's Day/spring sensory play

Interestingly, as we've had a large load of review curriculum lately, I totally hit the pause button on our My Father's World curriculum in February.  Instead, we've had literature, language arts, and Bible products to work on, while keeping up with our usual math and handwriting.  I miss the history a little bit, but I'm not missing the science.  I'm sure as time goes by we'll be able to get back to MFW, but I finally just let go of the idea that we have to finish Exploration to 1850 this school year.


Still not sure what's going on with Lukey's circulation.  Paul pointed out his purple feet one day, and they really reminded me of the hands of the precious heart baby from my China trip last year.


But Luke's never had so much as a murmur, and there aren't any cardiac issues connected to his diagnoses.  So I don't know what's going on.  He's going to the doctor again on Monday.  Looks like we'll be hopping back on the crazy train to more testing.


Katie continues to work in her handwriting, spelling, and math books, with various other things thrown in for variety.  For someone who did not want to teach kindergarten, I think we're doing pretty good this year.


The highlight of our week was having Zach and Brayden come over for a visit and bring their new husky puppy, Elsa.


The cat was none too sure about this hyper, furry interloper.


While I was taking pictures of the puppy, Katie started telling me a story, and she was so very animated, I took a few pictures of her, too.  She's been extra cuddly this week, after a talk we had recently where I assured her that I loved her even when she misbehaved.  We assume they know that, but sometimes I think they actually need to hear those words.


Josiah, who is normally camera shy, tries to get some of Elsa puppy's cuteness to rub off on him.


Katie and Hannah were delighted to have Brayden over to play.  We haven't seen them since Christmas.  The kids got soaking wet outside, so he wore one of Luke's shirts home.

Next week we head back to Shriners to hopefully pick up new legs for both Hannah and Katie!


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. Another great week down. Isn't it amazing how quick the weeks race by?
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! Every Friday, I find myself thinking, "Already? Did I even take any pictures this week?" LOL

      Delete