A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

The End of Catching Up on April

Okay, so yesterday we left off with the cats and the bunny.  Let's see...


Jack showed me a sign he placed.  Being the proud mama, I took a picture.  


The spring Fine Arts Fundraiser occurred.  The sign on the left says ART in the Library.  Other teachers also posted samples of art from their classrooms.  


Oh, there's the crabby ocean scenes I mentioned yesterday!  I read the kids Eric Carle's Home for a Hermit Crab the week that they colored the crabs, then the following week we did the cut, paste, embellish parts.  There was glitter and sequins involved.  I'm pretty sure the janitor sighs a lot when he vacuums the library.  


There were drama, choir, and hand chime performances to go along with the visual arts.  


And dessert was served.  


I mentioned that I haven't been home Friday mornings lately.  I'm getting weekly iron infusions.  Turns out there are things besides motherhood that can cause exhaustion.  Who knew?


Our local adoption support group puts on a respite camp weekend for the kids.  I was so excited to get spots for the girls this year.  This was Hannah playing with sticks (she enjoyed whacking the trees--free therapy!) while we waited for official drop off time.  


And Katie with a branch.


Drop off was Friday afternoon.  


I helped her carry her stuff.  


Pick up was supposed to be Sunday afternoon.  


Saturday, we got a call that Katie was refusing to walk to the dining hall.  That she was being non-compliant.


2 hours later, we got the "she's sick, come get her" call.


I ended up picking them both up because I had no desire to spend 5 hours in the car 3 days in a row.  


Hannah and I went grocery shopping, and since she'd missed out on s'mores night, we got the ingredients to make them at home.  


Hannah got Hershey's bars; I decided to try using Ghiardelli squares instead.


It's not the campfire with friends experience, but 


they were still tasty.

Jack had some, too.


Miss Hannah had a birthday.  


She was full from dinner and asked if we could save "cake" for the next night.


Hence the costume change between presents and turtle pie with flames.


I printed and laminated some button placing pages from Twinkl to use with my K students.  


I tell them we're exercising their Lego muscles when we do things like this (threading beads on a pipe cleaner is another fun one we did recently).  


We're getting so close to the end of the school year that everybody's a little more keyed up than usual.  The weather got nice and good behavior went right out the window.  It's cooler this week, so hopefully we're be able to reign it back in a little bit.  
 

2 comments:

  1. What a bummer to be sick and have to leave camp early. :(

    Happy birthday to Hannah!!

    And may your iron infusions help you feel at the top of your game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 4 infusions in, and I'm not really noticing a difference. Of course, we're all just hanging on at this point in the school year, so maybe once summer comes I'll rejuvenate a bit.

      Delete