A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, May 8, 2023

Our Teacher Appreciation Week

The downside of working mornings only is that I leave before the taco bar happened.  Which is a bummer, because I love tacos.  


But I did get my door decorated, which was a fun surprise.  


I was hanging out with Jack in his room when I noticed Grumman camped out in a pile of his laundry.  Weirdo.  He also loves the smell of warm shoes.  


I read the kindergarten class If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and we painted paper plates to look like chocolate chips.  I wore my Mouse a Cookie dress that day, but didn't get a picture this year.  


City library run.  


Coming to the end of my second year of library, I finally had a light bulb moment and made myself a binder for the leftover coloring pages I had stuffed in my desk drawer.  


My preschoolers get a take home coloring page related to the book we read each week.  But there's often extras due to kids being absent.  


It occurred to me that instead of reinventing the wheel every single week, next year I could make copies of coloring sheets I've already used when I read the same book again to a new class.  I'm looking forward to this saving me some lesson planning time next year.  


So, back in December, Paul ordered a truck.  


It's finally here, and we went and picked it up this week.  


We don't get much wildlife in our suburban neighborhood.  So when I saw this turkey walking down our street, I took a picture.  


Crayon & watercolor with my 3rd graders


I wore my London skirt in honor of Coronation weekend, so it seemed appropriate to pull out the Kings and Queens of England book.  


Not sure why this picture only partially uploaded, but I'm thrilled that my Sam flowers (a type of lily) are coming up again.  He gave them to me as a birthday or Mother's Day gift a couple years ago.  


I think Fiona is influencing Grumman.  He never played in boxes, but Fiona loves boxes.  After she hopped out of this one, he had to get in and see what all the fuss was about.  


 And that's all for this week!  

1 comment:

  1. The smell of warm shoes?

    Ugh!

    I'm actually gagging.

    Our cats love boxes, but Cleo loves them best. And today Tink curled up on a pile of Legos . . . how was that comfortable?!?!

    ReplyDelete