A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, April 22, 2024

Calaveras Big Trees

We visited a state park with several families from our church.  


This was most of us, before our hike.  


An obligatory, "we were here" photo.  I got in the habit of taking pictures of the kids when we went somewhere, just in case I needed to be able to describe what they were last seen wearing.  



We had a lovely 2ish mile hike/walk through the giant sequoias and other evergreens.  We saw some very Big Trees indeed at this pleasant recreation area.  


There were trees you could walk through.  


We spotted wild strawberry plants, tiny waterfalls in a flowing stream, and even some snow in the very shady spot where snow plows had piled drifts.  


The weather was warm enough to be comfortable in short sleeves.  


And at the end of it, there was a little gift shop and museum (tiny museum).  I took this picture of the separating arrow for Hannah, since she was hanging out with the teens and wasn't with me in the museum.  Hannah is fascinated by weapons, so I thought she would appreciate this.  

Since the park was a couple hours away from where we live, we listened to a book.  Hannah and I are reading/rereading the Susan May Warren books in order this year, so we were listening to her The Heat Is On.  Watching my long suffering husband as he was subjected to Christian romance was quite amusing.  

1 comment:

  1. I smiled at how you capitalized "Big Trees." It made me think of Winnie the Pooh books, and I love those books, and I'm sure you do, and I'm sure that influenced your decision to capitalize those words.

    I quite enjoy thinking of how we would be real (as opposed to virtual) friends if our physical proximity allowed. :)

    ReplyDelete