A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Adventures with Grammy


Every couple of months, my mom comes for a visit.
Visits with Grammy are always fun.


They usually involve Taco Bell, and sometimes friends tag along.  


Side note about Furby:  This guy totally cracks me up.  
He came up to me this morning, wearing his Disney pins lanyard, and said,
"Mom?  You know where I want to have dinner on my birthday?"
I could see where this was going, but hid my grin and asked where.

"Disneyland!"

Never mind that there have been exactly two Disney trips in our entire family history, so it's not like it's something we do frequently.  Or the fact that his birthday isn't until APRIL.

Silly guy.  :)  


Saturday, Grammy and I took the kids to the pool.  A good time was had by all.  


Sunday, we went to the zoo.  
Wow, does that "family picture" look tiny!
Brianna is at a friend's house.
And Annaliese and Josiah weren't interested in going to the zoo.


4 kids.  Wow.  I haven't had just 4 kids since Brianna was born, lol.  


Everybody measured their wingspan to see what kind of bird they were.









Checking out the giraffes


My poor kids.  Every time we go to the zoo, "How many bones do you think are in a giraffe's neck?"
Sigh.  "7, just like us, mom."


"What color is a giraffe's tongue?"
"Purple.  To keep it from getting sunburned eating leaves, mother."



Okay then.  I guess they've learned my two giraffe facts.
  




Love!  Tigers are my favorite.


Looks like Furby likes them, too.  



Action shot!  Eli leaping off the snake slide.


No comments:

Post a Comment