A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Or Not

Remember when you were in high school and someone would say, "Omigosh, __________ is totally looking at you!" and you'd turn around to see and the person would laugh and say, "Psych!"?  Well, that's sort of how planning goes when you are hosting.  Earlier in the week, it looked like the babies would be going back to their parents yesterday.  Now, they could be here another month or two.

I'm trying to hold this very lightly, with open hands.  They're here today, and that's all I need to worry about.  I have Easter outfits planned for them, but I hesitate to try to actually SEW them, because I know I'll be horribly disappointed if I actually make the outfits and then they're not here at Easter.


We had friends over yesterday who have 6 kids, and her baby (right) is close in age to Baby Gogo (left).  2 moms and 13 kids make for a fun outing.  I didn't even attempt a group picture.  


Brianna let Miss No help her make brownies.  We're going to just take this one day at a time and see what happens.  

In other news, Big Sis went to the doc yesterday, and has double ear infections.  I'd really like to get the other two in, as well, but they still have no medical cards.  They've been sick ever since we got them, although I'm dealing with less snot now than at first.  I can't seem to get Miss No's ringworm to go away with over the counter goop.  

I let them get away with things I wouldn't have allowed my other kids to do.  I try to tell myself it's because I've realized what does and doesn't really matter in my old age, and it's not that I'm just too tired to stop them.  With Hannah the rule has always been, no movies in the mornings.  We do morning chores, homework, and she can play upstairs or downstairs until going to school, or until lunch on non-school days.  After lunch comes naps, school pickup, and snack.  So usually the tv/dvd player doesn't go on in our house until about 4 p.m.  I'm typing this at 10 in the morning, with Gogo on my lap, to the tune of The Rescuers Down Under playing downstairs.  

Some days you do what you gotta do, I guess.  This movie has bought me enough time to get caught up on a little paperwork and some homeschool record keeping.  My students are limping along in math, handwriting, and health mostly on their own.  The babies have a play date Sunday afternoon, and I'm hoping to get a little intensive school time in while they're away for that.  


Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs   I appreciate your 1 click each day!



No comments:

Post a Comment