This is it! The moment we've been waiting for! China has said, "Come and get your babies!"
Unfortunately, there is an obstacle. Dragon Boat Festival closes down the civil affairs office all week, so they can't process adoptions during that week.
This means that we will likely not leave until June 14. Which is 23 long days away. Not that I'm obsessing or anything. Our agency has emailed their in-China person to confirm this, and to request our consulate appointment date at the end of our trip. Right now, it looks like that date will be July 2 or 3. But we can't book any travel arrangements until we get that confirmed, hopefully tomorrow.
My next project is going to be putting together all the paperwork we need to bring with us. I got a little file thing to take with me, and I put labels on it, but that's as far as I've gotten. Hopefully, I can sneak in a bit here and a bit there while the kids are doing their school work.
Thank you for being a part of our journey! NOW is the time, if you want to make any last minute donations to our Reece's Rainbow account. I'm so excited, we're finally close! Not as close as I was hoping, but still, we're getting there.
Please click to help keep us visible on Top Mommy Blogs! Thank you!