A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Keepin' It Real


You know how I post lots of pictures of my girls in matching dresses, with their hair combed?


Pictures like these, that I want to capture to hang on to their sweet smiles at this age.


Pictures like these, that show us out enjoying our world.


And pictures like this one, that show making messes in the name of learning--but wearing matching hair bows in the process.


Well, today, you get the uncensored version.  Two girls after their bath, with stringy, wet hair and mismatched pajamas.


Busted for sitting on the table while coloring before bed.


Because often times, we look at blogs and see only the polished.  And when I'm having a hard time, and I look at pictures of a family that appears to have it all together, it can be pretty discouraging.


So I'm here to tell you, we don't have it all together.  It's not picture perfect around here all the time.  It sometimes requires many out takes to get a decent photo for a review.  As I sit here, Luke is screaming in the background; Jack is hanging upside down off the couch, watching Magic School Bus; homework is happening at 8 pm; and I need to yell for Somebody to clean the kitchen from dinner.  I'm seriously behind in my To Do list in several areas of life, the most pressing of which is Christmas, which we're celebrating 2 days early, since Paul will be working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  And I would really love to throw my hands up and just go to bed and watch Netflix.

If you're struggling, please know, that you're not alone.  I think if we're keepin' it real, every mom would admit that we have times where life is overwhelming and out of control, and we're more likely to appear on the What Not To Wear page of Glamour than on the cover of Practical Homeschooling.

Hang in there, mama.  This too shall pass.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I know what you mean, but when you look at my blog, do you ever see polished? Usually my kids hair is messy and uncombed, things are everywhere. I have thought about it, but it's my space. It's real. I love the polished and unpolished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think of your blog I think of great ideas and kids having fun doing creative things. I guess we're usually our own worst critic. I haven't noticed mess. :)

      Delete