A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up - the one with the Felt Trees


The closer we get to Christmas, the less I feel like doing schoolwork.  While we did look up pictures of the amazing Hagia Sophia from the Byzantine Empire, and study Saint Nicholas, we got nowhere near a week's worth of MFW done this week.


I took a scrap of felt and made Katie a little Tree shape to decorate.  The first time she decorated it, we used pom poms.


When I wrote a verse on the board this week for copywork, I learned that taking the year off from cursive handwriting curriculum means that they've lost the ability to read cursive.  Sigh.  Planning to remedy that next year.


This picture is actually from a few weeks ago, but I just downloaded the pics from my little camera.


We recently finished the Gannon and Wyatt: Greenland book, and I got them the Arctic Toob to play with while we listened to the end.  I actually had to have Josiah read part of it to us, because there's an incredibly sad part, and I cried!  We have all 4 of the Gannon & Wyatt books, and I can't wait for them to come out with MORE of them.  They're about twin homeschooled teen boys that go on all sorts of amazing adventures.


Here's Jack after co op.  I'm sad that we only have one more week of co op left.  It's been fun to enjoy some time with friends every week.  The paper on the right was what he made in art class, and the stuff on the left was from science, where they learned about the phases of the moon.


This week we made snowglobes, as one of the projects in Battle Gear.


I'm wishing I'd used oil instead of glue to help suspend the glitter, but they're okay.


Since the little felt tree was a hit, I made a bigger felt tree for Katie to put various different kinds of "ornaments" on.  The first ones were pouch lids.  (Yes, I've taken to buying Luke's food based on what color the lid is.  Although, at this point, I'm pretty sure we have enough of them.)


Later, Katie was stringing links for "garland" for the felt tree.  By the way, if you think Katie's outfit is cute, be sure to enter our GCH giveaway.

Looking forward, we have co op, 3 dentist appointments, a concert, and a holiday party coming up this week, so I'm thinking we'll be doing good to finish the "week" we started last week in our curriculum.

Linking up with My Week In Review at Home to 4 Kiddos and
For the Display of His Splendor

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

6 comments: