A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, December 30, 2022

Our Pre Christmas Week-ish

Without the structure that school puts into our routine, I have no idea what day it is, or what I'm supposed to be doing.  I keep thinking every tomorrow must be Sunday, because every day feels like Saturday.  Pretty sure this covers about 2 weeks.  Ish.  


You know you're a book person when a storm knocks the power out, and you grab a lantern to read in bed.  As a side note, we've had this lantern for more than 7 years, and it's been to camp several times, and only needed new batteries once or twice.  


Katie performing hand chimes at church.  Hannah played piano for the offertory the following week, but I didn't take a picture.



One of my coworkers posted a video about a mom who made her kid's teacher a pencil dispenser from a straw dispenser and then Crikey-ed on it.  I thought to myself, "I can do that."


This particular teacher's classroom is decorated in Alice in Wonderland, with old play props, so I thought her pencil dispenser should fit the theme.  It seemed to be well received.  


Jack continues to say, "You see that sign?" when we're out & about.  Makes me smile.  My boy installed that corner sign.  


The school Christmas program occurred.  It was mostly not horrible.  


Sent packages to my big girls.  Added a few stickers for that festive look.  


Expect to see more sword type books.  Hannah is going through a weapons phase.  


Paul had a birthday.  I keep the upstairs noticeably warmer than he keeps the downstairs, hence the sock hat in the house.  


I swear she's going to give me a heart attack.  She was up there, chasing her tail on the post.  :facepalm:  

 

 

There's a rose garden beside the post office.  I was surprised to notice these (and many other) hearty flowers, continuing to do their thing in winter, so I stopped and took a bunch of pictures.  Just a moment to notice the beauty around us.  


My kids give me grief for being a proud military mama, so I had to send them this over the top Marine Mom car.  Makes my single blue star magnet look downright mild in comparison.  


It's been gross foggy lately in the mornings.  This was 9:45 a.m. on the way to church.  Bleh.  


I've been working with Hannah on cooking.  She's really stressed out about it.  She's very much a perfectionist, and I'm very much a "close enough!" fly by the seat of my pants sort of girl.  We've done spaghetti, mini pizzas, and a couple other things so far, but she's still not relaxing yet.  I'm ordering up some cookbooks from the library.  We'll keep going until she mellows out.  


Fiona, you're not helping me wrap presents by napping on the gift bags.  


I guess I'll sit somewhere else.


I'm not sure how it started, but Josiah and I used to leave a potato in each other's room.  This was a while ago.  Well, with the Christmas stuff out, and some fingerling potatoes in the house, I revived the tradition last week.  It's my turn again.  I think I'mma go put it in his car.  :evilgrin: 


I made Hannah a flannel/minkee blanket while we were waiting to adopt her, and I brought it to China with us.  It's been in her bed ever since.  It's gone to camp with her.  And after 12 years, it was... falling apart.  So when I asked for her Christmas list, one of the the items listed was a new mama made blankie.  I used cat flannel and gray minkee for the replacement.  It's bigger than the old one (which was made to cover a 3 year old) so I ran out of binding and had to go buy another pack to finish it.  Grumman wanted me to know that no project is complete without cat hair, so he made his contribution before I wrapped it for her.  

I'll share Christmas pictures next time.  Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment