A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Thanksgiving

There's really not many pictures for the holiday this year.  Paul worked Thanksgiving Day, so we had our big meal on Wednesday.  


I did a new turkey cooking method this year.  It involved throwing some veggies in the cavity, pouring in 2 cups of boiling water, putting the lid on, and parking it in a HOT oven.  After an hour, you turn the oven off, but you don't touch it.  I was a little nervous the closer we got to the meal, so I turned the oven on low when I was in there doing the final cooking.  The finished turkey meat was falling off the bones, but it was a little dry.  


Excuse the traffic cone colored cups.  With a broken dishwasher, I took pity on Jack and used paper plates, cups, and cutlery for the meal and the dessert session a couple hours later.  



Sam is going to school in southern California, so he made the drive up for Thanksgiving.  Miss M took a family picture for us.  


And I returned the favor by getting several shots of them.  This is what happens when I tell Josiah, "Drop your chin a little."


2 comments:

  1. How fun to get at least 5 of your precious crew together! I just realized that this year is our last Christmas as a complete family for the foreseeable future. I'm about to enter your world of making the most of who can be around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's odd, I think that I struggle more with missing them now than I did when they first started leaving. When Zach left home, it was just a few months before we traveled for Hannah, so I had that to distract me. When Annaliese left home, we'd just brought home Katie. These days, when there are just a few stragglers left in the house, and no little people keeping me busy, I feel the emptiness a lot more.

      Delete