A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Pictures of Katie and Luke


I always loved overalls when my big kids were little, and when I was looking for something for Katie and Luke to wear to our consulate appointment in China before we traveled to adopt them, I thought these star overall shorts were semi-patriotic and would work well.


You're not allowed to take cameras, phones, or electronics upstairs, so there are no pictures from the appointment itself.


Since we got home at the end of June, Katie and Luke wore them again for their first 4th of July in the USA.


Last year, when I started thinking about doing pictures for One Year Home, I wondered if I could find matchy overall shorts for them again.


I did find some, and they looked very cute, although pictures didn't go as well as I planned.

But hope springs eternal!  So I decided to try again this year.


Katie was a trooper.  She does much better with pictures now than she used to, although she still smiles with a bit of an under bite.


Out of 78 pictures, I managed to get a few that turned out okay.


When Luke started crying in the house, we moved it outside, in the hopes that the fresh air and different view might distract him a bit.


From here on, they pretty much look the same.


I didn't manage to get Luke to smile, but I did get some where he was looking in my direction and not crying.


Which is about as much as I can hope for.


The kids looked awfully cute, and I think this year's pictures are better than last year's, so I'm calling it a success.


 What I really need to do is update Josiah, Jack, and Eli's wall portraits in the finished play room.  They're seriously outdated.  Now that the weather is nice, I'll have to do some haircuts and bribe them to pose for me.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

4 comments:

  1. Great photos! I just love the ones where Luke is bawling (I feel almost kind of guilty admitting that - LOL).

    They've grown so much!

    Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! There were a couple of outtakes from this session that really cracked me up.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :D Now that I don't have to borrow Paul's camera any more, I can take pictures of the kids whenever I want. --Well, whenever they'll let me, lol. ;) I really need to catch some of the big kids.

      Delete