A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Our Week - First Week of May


Happy May!  This week brought a little cooler weather and even some much needed rain.  Still, it's been gorgeous lately, and we're getting spring fever.  The teens can't wait for school to be out for the summer.  They're counting down the days.


This week, I had the boys brainstorm 10 words with the theme "Summer" in their journals.


Once we got creative ideas flowing, they painted something summery.


Jack's was a swimming pool, and Eli's was a vacation vehicle.


Miss Katie got Tegu wheels to go with the Tegu blocks she got for Christmas.


I'd been eyeballing the wheels for a while when they came up on Zulily at a discount, so I splurged on them.


Katie calls these her "sticky blocks" because they're magnetic.  I know I'm a little biased, but I think that's adorable.


She made quite the car with them!


This was right before Hannah and I left for her appointment at Shriners.  Katie's got a train track going, and Jack crafted a maze.

Hannah's appointment went well, and her prothetist lengthened her leg an entire inch!  I think next time she goes in she'll be ready for a bigger foot.  Paul recently had to crazy glue her toe back in place, since it was coming apart.


Katie loves having Hannah off school.  They've been playing with all the different "buckets" of stuff from the school room.


Katie's got the wooden lacing beads, and Hannah's got the counting bears.


Nothing like an afternoon nap!


I thought this was awfully sweet of Jack.  He's such a snuggle bug.


Eli built this roller coaster with a motor to drive the car up the chain.  But Josiah found the noise of the motor annoying, so Eli retrofitted it with a hand crank, instead.  He's got great problem solving skills, and is constantly coming up with cool new creations.  Even a chain saw!


We are trying out some new paint for a review, so we did a simple painting project this week that I found on Pinterest.


Sunburst pictures


I think Jack's painting looks a little bit like a flag.


We just got a cool new field trip journal from Apologia, so we'll be going on some adventures soon to try it out.  I printed directions to a couple places outside our usual roaming area.  I don't have to worry about us "missing" a day of school, since we only have 2 weeks of curriculum left and more than 3 weeks until the big kids are out for the summer.  So we can get out and enjoy the beautiful spring sunshine!


Linking up with Home to 4 Kiddos, Embracing His Will, and:
For the Display of His Splendor

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

6 comments:

  1. what a nice productive week you had. :)

    here's mine
    http://anetintimeschooling.weebly.com/a-net-in-time-blog/a-week-in-review-may-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week. Your family is lovely.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I think they're pretty cute, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great week! My son loved the roller-coaster :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed at all the neat things Eli makes with those K'nex! After doing the roller coaster from the kit, he tore it apart and used the pieces to make a chain saw, a machine gun, and all sorts of other things.

      Delete