A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

ThinkFun Games



We have reviewed games for ThinkFun before, so when they asked me if I'd like to review All Queens Chess and Rush Hour Shift, I was all too happy to agree.


All Queens Chess was perfect for us because we learned about chess this school year, and this gave the boys another way to play.


My reviewers are 11 and 13, and they had no problems setting up, understanding, and playing the game without help.  The object is to get 4 of your pieces in a row.


Jack won this particular round.


All Queens Chess is a 2 player game for ages 8 and up.  It's like a cross between chess and Connect Four.  This game would be a great way to introduce a child to chess strategy.  I like the way that it teaches kids how to think a couple moves ahead of where they're at.  It is currently selling for $11.99 on Amazon.


Rush Hour Shift is similar to Rush Hour, but for 2 players, instead of solo play.


Rush Hour Shift is also geared toward ages 8 and up.  It is currently selling for $24.99 on Amazon.


Similar to Rush Hour, you're trying to free your piece from traffic blocking the way.  What makes this game different is that the board is made up of 3 parts, and the outsides can slide back and forth, as dictated by the cards, creating quite a challenge!


I really like ThinkFun games.  They really do challenge reasoning skills that we don't work on nearly enough.  I like to see my kids challenging themselves and each other and growing their brains at the same time.  If you missed them, we've also reviewed Square By Square, Rush Hour, and Knot So Fast.  Jack pulls out Square by Square fairly often.



Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of these games before. The chess one sounds like a great way to introduce little ones to chess. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we really enjoy the ThinkFun games! I hope you'll check them out. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete