A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, January 2, 2023

Christmas at Grammy's House

The kids and I went to my mom's house for Christmas Day.  

We left 3 hours before we were supposed to arrive, just in case we hit traffic.  But other than one slow down, we did pretty well, so when we were getting close, I realized we'd have time to make a quick stop.  


Between Annaliese and Josiah, we lost a baby boy to second trimester miscarriage.  He's buried at the church we were married in.  I hadn't been in town in ages, and it was good to dust off his marker and remember.  Perhaps not the most Christmasy thing to do, but I'm glad I did it.  


More presents!  Jack got a watch.


Katie got art supplies.  She drew me a nice picture for Christmas this year.


Grammy, opening a cat calendar.  


Hannah in another book.  


Grammy's husband, C, with the train mug that Jack gave him.


That long drive is tiring, and Jack crashed out at 8:30.  


Next morning, we were treated to the turkey flock coming by for some birdseed.  There were about 3 times this many turkeys.  


Grammy and I took the girls to the Charles Schultz Museum, while C took Jack to peek at the air museum (it was closed, but they looked through the fence) and to Epicenter, which is kind of like a grown up Chuck E Cheese.  Arcade games, trampolines, sports bar, all kinds of stuff.  So everybody had fun.


My 2 cents worth was worth a whole nickel for a minute.


Trying their hand at cartoon lettering.


The pen & ink supplies used to create the Snoopy comic strips.


Reclaimed wall from his kid's bedroom.  



Pictures about his military service taken for Jack's benefit.  


Recreation of his workspace.



Hey, look, there's Big Ben!  (I'm so ready to travel again.)


The gift shop was tiny, and although these Mona Lucy magnets were cute, there was nothing that we really had to have.  

4 comments:

  1. What a great trip. I am glad you were able visit your babies grave.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. It had been so long since I'd been "home" that there were quite a few changes around town.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've only ever lost babies in the first trimester. My sister struggled with losing babies in the second. I'm glad you got to stop and remember him in particular on this trip.

    My favorite picture of all is of you as "psychiatrist." So perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's the club no one wants to join, isn't it? I look forward to meeting him in Heaven someday.

      Delete