A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Faux Gingerbread House Day and a Special Visitor

I love this tradition.  It's fun to look back over the years and see what interesting creations everyone has made.  


I went pretty simple this year.  The roof tiles are chocolate melts left over from the year that Josiah made Sam chocolate crayons for Christmas.  The windows are Mike & Ikes.  And there's a bunny for each family member, including spouses and grandkids.  Three rows of bunnies.  Lots of bunnies.  


Hannah's structure collapsed, so she added an attacking army pillaging and plundering.  And cannonballs.  




Miss M had an ambitious plan involving Pocky and Rolos.  


Who me, eating the building materials??


Jack's finished AT-AT.  (Which later became a flat flat.)  


Spraying silver food dye.


Katie's red truck


Josiah and Miss M's collaborative piece.  It's from the video game Fallout.  


It's Sam!  We had a "micro visit" from Sam between him finishing school in Temecula and starting work in Denver.  


He missed all the festivities, and I only got 3 pictures while he was here (not sure why I didn't take pictures of him opening his Christmas presents), but it was so good to see him.  


Even if it was too short.  

Happy New Year!  Next post will be what we did on Christmas Day.  

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah for a visitor! And such creative gingerbread projects. :) I love the idea of adding pillaging armies and cannonballs to a fallen house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so so good to see my Sammers. <3 I miss my peeps!

      Delete