A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, January 16, 2023

Our Back To School Week

Last week I got one day of work; the kids got two days of school.  All in all, it was a nice, gentle return to our routine.  This week, we're off Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. day, so it will be a regular work week for me (Tu-Th) and a 4 day week for the kids.  


My first graders loved the BIG book I read to them.  Always fun to shake things up a little.  I pulled a few of these giant books from the school rummage sale last summer.  


Even though we're still getting rain off and on (mostly on), I rolled Matilda through my happy place:  the car wash.  It's a place where I have to pause and just breathe for a moment.  


More books books books.  We had a conversation at dinner that made me realize the girls hadn't formed some of the connections that most kids make in preschool, so I requested a bunch of farm books.  Katie asked for dog books.  


Hannah has started going upstairs for the teen books at the library, so we had a conversation about knowing when to set a book aside and not finish it.  


Two things:  Fiona knocked over the ironing board, which resulted in quite a big thump, due to the iron being on it.  We were downstairs, and I guessed what had happened when we heard the noise.  Also, if you notice the colorful pile Fiona is sitting on, I've been sewing a bit.  I was going to touch a couple pieces up with the iron before taking pictures, but I might need to use the lint roller instead.  

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! You're sewing again! I look forward to seeing what you're making! I used to be able to borrow "big" books from our library system, but they've all been gone for several years now. They really are fun for group reading.

    We have the "when to put a book away" conversation pretty regularly around here. Some kids are more accepting than others. (eyeroll)

    ReplyDelete