A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A day on the farm

Years ago, we used to live on 5 acres.  2 of my babies were born on that land, as a matter of fact.  But 9 years ago, we moved to suburbia.  So my kids don't often have the chance to get disgustingly dirty any more.


Yesterday, we worked on that.


We have some friends who moved out to the country.


And they have a pond.


It's not very deep, so it's safe for me to sit on the sidelines, while they play.


Fortunately, they also have a bunch o'kids.


Like this lil cutie.


And this almost grown up.


So while the kids got nice and tired,


The mamas sat in the shade and chatted.


And the daddies wandered around talking about projects.


In the end, we were all totally exhausted, and fun was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment