A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, June 11, 2012

End of School Year Homeschool Celebration

We have had a lovely homeschool co op in our area the last couple of years.  


But as someone once said, "All good things must come to an end."


The Swim Party was our very last event for our now disbanded co op.


We got to hang out with other families.


And swim.


And jump.


And play.


And eat.


And slide.


And we had the whole pool, just for us.


It was lovely.


Even if it was a little windy.


This girl spent the first 10 minutes chanting, "I want to go in the water, I want to go in the water, I want to go in the water."


So I took her leg off, 


and gave her to Baba, who was in the water.


Where she spent the next 5 minutes chanting,


"I want out of the water!"


"I want out of the water!"


"I want out of the water!"
and clinging for dear life to Baba's neck.


So I got her out, put her leg back on, added a sweatshirt, and she was good to go.


Because, like I said, it was windy, and a wee bit chilly.


Part of the evening was a time to honor the two kids moving from 8th grade to high school.


One of which was my Samuel.

Now, we are officially done with end of the year stuff, and get on with the business of enjoying summer and looking forward to next school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment