A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up 29 - The One With The Birthday


This week we built the 3D Parthenon Puzzle!  (We being Brianna, that is.)  She worked on it while I finished reading The Children's Homer: The Adventures of Odysseus and the Tale of Troy aloud to the kids.


She's done a few of these puzzles, and they go together faster every time.


It seems the Parthenon makes a lovely hat, as well.  Who knew?


Jack is fiercely concentrating on his artwork.  He had a hard time with this one.  I don't know if it was an off day, or perfectionist tendencies, but I'm hoping our next project goes better.


Eli blending watercolor crayons with a wet paintbrush.  We're enjoying the new art curriculum we're in the process of reviewing.  I can't wait to share more of our projects with you!


Speaking of upcoming reviews...!  We watched a movie and then did a craft to go along with it this week.  Can you see what's on the screen?


One of my readers recently linked me to an Etsy shop selling awesome wooden blanks, including penguins!  


The kids are new to acrylic paints, and there's a bit of a learning curve going on (we lost some brushes to dried paint), but it's fun to dabble in new art mediums.


We had a birthday this week!


Jack is double digits now.  Time to update the sidebar picture.


The Lego set from Buddy & Grandpa Gino was a big hit, and these two spent the rest of the evening assembling.


The penguins were a 2 day project, to allow paint to dry.  Here they are finished.  I have some other wood cutouts from this shop for us to work on in the future.  Pretty excited about some that I got for next school year.

Next week is going to be a little different as I'm off to Disneyland with a couple of the kids for a little holiday.  School won't happen while I'm gone (although, I do hope to have Jack work on Math and Spelling You See during that time), so I won't have a Weekly Wrap Up post next week.  I've scheduled a couple posts for while I'm gone, but I won't be promoting them from afar.  If you see something you like, please feel free to share it for me!

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

8 comments:

  1. I like the Parthenon hat! Looks like you had a great week. Wish I lived closer to Disneyland. How fun to take your kids on a short vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great week! I often don't realize it until I look back at the pictures, LOL.

      We're about 8 hours away by car, but we're flying this time, so it's less than a 2 hour flight. I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Jack! Next month my Quentin will turn 10, too. It looks like a lot of fun was had this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An early happy birthday to your Quentin! (Cool name!) :)

      Delete
  3. Wow love the Penguins, and she did a great job on the building of Parthenon. Have fun on your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jean! I'm really looking forward to getting a little break and spending one on two time with a couple of my boys. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, you guys are totally art crazy! I love the puzzle! How cool! Do you do anything to go along with the puzzles?

    Your little ones are really talented!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! It's more a matter of the puzzles going with what we're already doing. I'm loving doing more art! I think I'm making up for all the years we did dry, workbook school, without any art.

      Delete