A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Soft, Simple Hello Kitty Nightgowns


I finally carved out some time in the sewing room!  I haven't created in there since Luke's Pants back before Christmas.  It feels good to make something again.  I think I lost myself in all the stress and chaos since coming home from China.  I've tried SO HARD to make sure that homeschooling didn't suffer due to the more than 75 appointments Luke has had, that it's been hard to fit anything extra in.



Specifics:
I used a peasant top pattern, with about 6" added length, and I did not use elastic in the sleeves.
The Hello Kitty fabric came from Hobby Lobby last November.
I added little bows at the neckline and used folded ribbon as "tags" to help her differentiate front and back.


I couldn't have asked for a more grateful recipient.  Katie loves Hello Kitty!  And since they're flannel, they're nice and soft.  Nightgowns are turning out to be a better style for her than pants and top pajamas, because of her nighttime brace.


I'm hoping I can sew up a few more of these for her, or maybe some shorts & top PJs.  And then there's summer clothes for both her and Hannah to dream about making.  The ideas are beginning to float around in my head already, if only I can make the time.  This feels good.  I'd like to think this is the start of me clawing my way back to normal.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Are these ever adorable! So very cute.

    Congrats on getting it done... you've got some happy recipients/models there.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - My daughters love Hello Kitty. They would adore these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love Hello Kitty, too. Katie was totally thrilled with them.

      Delete
  3. So adorable and cozy! My girl would love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make it easier for her to dress herself, too, since she's not trying to stuff her brace into PJ pants. :)

      Delete
  4. So cute! Is there a particular pattern you follow, or do you just kind of wing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a simplicity pattern. Just 3 simple pieces! I added length to change it from a top to a gown.

      Delete
  5. Sooo cute! I can't sew to save my life, but I appreciate all my friends that do :)
    Such a beautiful nightie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to sew. It's the one thing I do that doesn't immediately get UNdone.

      Delete