A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Snapshot: In Memory

got love?

Once upon a time...
                        ...there was a little girl, born in China.

She was born just 4 months before my Hannah.

And her family went to China to get her in 2010, just like we did for Hannah.

Little Teresa's was a special needs adoption, like Hannah's was.

Teresa had a "xiao arm" on one side, like Hannah does.  But in addition to her limb difference, Teresa had a very serious heart condition.  Her brave family brought her home knowing that there was a chance she wouldn't survive.

Teresa at Disneyland - used with permission

For 3 years, she thrived with the love of a family.  She sparkled and shined and captured the hearts of everyone who heard her story.  And last month, following her heart transplant, her bright light flickered and went out.  But the residual glow she leaves behind will be remembered for a long time to come.

When I saw that Minus 1 Project was doing fundraiser shirts for Teresa's family's medical expenses, I couldn't resist getting Hannah one.


And every time I see Hannah wear this shirt, I will remember little Teresa and ask myself what I can do to spread light like she did.  Can I sponsor a surgery for a waiting child?  Donate to an adopting family?  Go volunteer in an orphanage?  Help provide clean water to waiting children?  


When I see Hannah wear her "Teresa shirt," I will thank God that my girl is healthy and home.  And I will pray that He will comfort the hearts of her parents and siblings as they move forward without their beloved daughter & sister.

Ni Hao Yall

 Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!  I appreciate every click!  We're #2 in the Adoption Blogs category thanks to you.

1 comment: