A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Free Shopping & More Sewing

I've been a member of MyPoints for years and years. When the kids were little, I used to cash in my points for restaurant gift cards so Paul and I could go out to dinner while the children were at AWANA.

I had a lot of points sitting in my account, so I decided to cash some out for a $50 Old Navy card. I had fun looking at all the cute toddler girl options, but decided to be practical. Yesterday, my package came. Katie now has an entire rainbow of leggings.


Coupled with the 3 pairs of pants she already had, I'm pretty sure she won't need any more pants until she hits the next size.


And yes, I *could* have made a batch of solid leggings myself.  But at $5/pair and not having to actually pay for them out of household funds, it was worth it to me to buy the boring leggings, and then be able to make cute tops and dresses to go with them.  


Originally, I made the lime top to go with the plaid bloomers that I bought on clearance.  But it seemed kind of loud to me.  So I made a white top to go with the bloomers, and then I made some equally loud & obnoxious bloomers to go with the lime top.


These are some pajamas I made for Katie.


And this is a little romper I made her.  I made dozens of these for Eli and Jack when they were babies/toddlers.  This one, I decided to change a few things on to make it a little more girlie.  It's got ruffles on the butt, elastic gathered sleeves and legs, and lettuce edges.

I also indulged in a little retail therapy at Target on my last trip. I had 2 $5 gift cards from previous purchases, so I picked up some tiny play doh tubs from the $1 spot (for entertaining Katie on the flight home) as well as some travel size diaper wipes, and these cool little spoons that screw onto the squeeze pouch baby foods. Not something that I'd normally use at home, but looks like they'll be handy for traveling.

God continues to provide for us and for Katie. A friend from church brought over a beautiful ladybug themed crib set that they were finished with. The crib set is lovely, and I think it's so cool that it's ladybugs (a sort of mascot of the China adoption world), but I was also really blessed to discover 2 crib sheets and 3 changing pad covers. --Both items that were on my To Sew Or Buy Before Travel list. Feels good to cross those off. Baby steps. Each day is one day closer to Katie.

Finally, I was browsing Chinese New Year books on Amazon, and came across this gem: Emma's American Chinese New Year.  I couldn't resist.  Fortunately, I have an Amazon Visa that earns points, so I checked my balance, and I had $23 in point money to spend.  I can't wait to read this to Hannah, and get some ideas for our own CNY celebration.

Free shopping is the very best kind!



Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs Please take a second to click for us!  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment