A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine's Day Washi Tape Ideas


Happy February!  Valentine's Day is sneaking up on us.  I have some super easy last minute fun for you with washi tape!


Up first we have card making!  The supplies are simple:  colored paper, a heart template, scissors, glue stick, and washi tape.


Silly me!  I had one of the kids cut out a heart that I thought looked "about right" from a coloring page, but it was too big!

You'll need to fold your colored paper in half, both lengthwise and widthwise to create your card.


I trimmed down the heart so that it would fit on the card.


Now open your card all the way up and trace your heart in the lower left corner.


Like so.


After tracing, you're ready to cut the heart out.  I cut just inside the traced line, since I felt I could stand to make it a little smaller.


Starting at the bottom, place strips of washi tape all the way up the lower right quadrant of your paper.


Use a glue stick to apply a little glue to the back of the frame before re-folding your card, and you're done!


These cards are an easy project that can be changed to suit any holiday with the use of different colors of paper, different patterns of washi tape, and different shape cutouts.


Up next we have washi tape Tic Tac Toe!  I used another sheet of red paper and strips of pink washi tape to make a simple tic tac toe board, and we used red and pink pouch lids as the playing pieces.  I put the tic tac toe board into a page protector to help keep it from getting crumpled.  If I made a more generic, non holiday themed game, I might laminate it for longevity.


If you don't have pouch lids, you could easily use buttons, counting bears, thread spools, or small wooden blocks.  I made this on a whim, and was surprised when several of the kids wanted to play it with me as soon as they saw it.


This is my current mantle display.  I usually have pictures on it, but with the construction, all the photos got put away.  It was looking bare, so I came up with the block sign and candles.


I wrapped Valentine washi tape around battery votives .  For other holidays, I've used foam stickers to decorate these same candles.  It's easy to change them up to whatever season we're in.

There you have it.  3 simple washi tape ideas for Valentine's Day--or any season!  You may also want to check out the Conversation Heart Math we do every year for Valentine's Day.  Follow the link below to see what other ideas the Crew has come up with for you!

Valentine's Day Resources

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of using alphabet blocks for decorations - what a great way to repurpose them after the baby stage:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) My kids have quite a bucketload of different blocks, so it took some doing to pick these out, lol.

      Delete
  2. Good idea with the washi tape! Have a happy Valentine's Day with your family!

    ReplyDelete