A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Luke!


This is the only picture I have of Katie with the bow in.  Not sure where it went, but by cupcake time, it was gone.  


Huge thanks to www.seventhgeneration.com for providing the coupons & samples in the mama goodie bags.


Jack and his friend, M.  


Luke with my friend, B, who I met when I was pregnant with Zachary, a million years ago.


Brianna did an amazing job making several dozen cupcakes the day after coming home from a week at camp.  


For me? 


Since Luke had no idea what to do with it, Sam helped with the blowing out the candle part.


What is this?


It's messy.


It goes in your mouth, son.


Seriously?



One more thing I never thought I'd be feeding with a baby spoon:  cupcake!


Katie knew just what needed to be done here.  
Nom nom nom


Luke shares a bday with my friend, S!  
(who has a cutie foster baby under that dipe)


Katie was not the only one nom nom nom-ing the cupcakes.
But the teenagers managed to ellude the camera.

Actually, I didn't take nearly enough pictures.
The other party pics had kids that can't be shown on the 'net.
Yeah, I could edit them.
Not gonna happen.

But I think it's pretty cool that out of 40+ people here yesterday, 11 of the kids were adopted or foster children.  And Hannah was at school!  


These were taken later, after naps.  


Sam and Luke have a special bond that warms my heart.  
Of all the kids, Sam is the one who likes Luke the most.  He's great about helping to carry him up and down the stairs for me.

Happy Birthday, little man! 

BabyLinkUp500px


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!  Thanks for clicking to vote for us!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Luke!! I love the look on his face when he was trying to figure out what the cupcakes were, priceless!! Glad you all had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Luke! The cupcake pics are too cute.

    Thanks for linking up with the Tuesday Baby link up last week. I would love for you to link up again this week!

    http://www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com/2013/07/tuesday-baby-link-up-week-41.html

    ReplyDelete