A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Oh no you didn't!

You may remember that Hannah's first day of school was last week.  

After she was at school, I went to Target.  Paul actually TOLD me to go shopping.  I think I was at the Scary setting on the sleep deprived indicator.  

Thinking of my little Hannah bug, I cruised the BTS aisles for a lunch box.  I found a cute Hello Kitty one for $7-something that I thought she would like.  And then I saw this:  


I was so angry I had to take a picture.  

You have GOT to be kidding me.  Do moms not face enough pressure without marketing companies making every little thing a test of maternal affection?  

Even though I was actually thinking, "I should find some little containers for the lunchbox so we don't depend so much on baggies," when I spotted this, I was so offended by their manipulative advertising tactics, that I refused to even consider buying it.  

I'll have to dig through the Tupperware cupboard (doesn't every kitchen have one of those?) and find some mismatched pieces of existing little containers to use instead, but you know what?  I'm okay with that.  I guess I'll just have to prove my love for Hannah some other way.  You know, like the countless other things I do for her, aside from buying stupid plastic lunch containers.  


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!  Thanks for clicking for us!

1 comment:

  1. I guess that means the parents who have their kids buy hot lunch don't love their kids. My daughter must hate me because she prefers hot lunch!

    ReplyDelete