A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Homeschool Weekly Wrap Up #12, Butterflies and Egypt and more


Eli completed his second EEME project.


This one was DIY Display.


I reviewed EEME here, and Eli loved it enough that I decided to subscribe.  If you are interested in subscribing, use my link and get your first month free!


We had an exciting week with our butterflies, that I won from Bio Fun Lab.


They began emerging on Saturday, and by Wednesday, 7 of the 8 caterpillars had become butterflies.


We've since lost one, but the other 6 are doing well for now.


We had fun painting our canopic jars, listening to The Golden Goblet, and learning more about ancient Egypt.  


Brianna is taking a new typing program for a test drive.  Watch for a review coming soon.  


In Art, we painted bunnies on rocks.  Brianna made hers an Egyptian bunny.  


Eli is going through a no smile thing with the camera lately.  


And Jack wasn't altogether crazy about this idea.  I think the rocks will find their way outside again soon.  


So we started the 10 Plagues this week.  Our curriculum gave each of the kids two sheets of 24 frogs each to "plague" the house with.  That's 144 frogs, folks.  We'll be finding those suckers for a long time.  They're ev-er-y-where.  I went to lay down at nap time and found frogs in my bed.  I have a new appreciation for the horror the Egyptians went through.


Out in the garage, we had Auto Shop 101, where Paul taught Josiah how to do tires and brakes.


Yes, my children have seasonally appropriate clothing.  They simply choose not to wear it!


And it's off!


One of the fun things about doing so much listening during school is that it frees the hands to work while you listen.  Brianna is working on a Christmas present here.

Next week should be interesting, as Hannah gets the whole week off school (which means the little girls will be able to keep each other busy!) and Sam has 3 days off.  We're going to try to get our regular work done, but it will be a challenge with feeding therapy and 4 dental appointments going on in the first 3 days of the week and Thanksgiving on Thursday.  We'll see.  I'm not going to stress about it, but I would like us to make progress if we can.

Linking up with:



Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

4 comments:

  1. Your school days always look so fun! How often do you leave home during the week? I know you have a lot of doctor's appointments, and I was just wondering how you fit everything in? We leave the house about four times a week for extracurriculars and other things, and every time we're not home all day, we don't seem to be able to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're out the door for carpool (I have 1 in private school and 1 in public school) every morning at 7:30. Luke's therapists come to the house. We usually meet up with friends on Wednesdays or Fridays, roughly once a week. Dr. appointments do through a wrench into things, though.

      Delete
  2. What a full life you have! I love Brianna's Egyptian bunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that hilarious? I thought it was adorable. She's so creative.

      Delete