A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Family Picture Day


Some of you have noticed the new blog header picture.  Zachary and Annaliese came up and we took our first ever family pictures with All Ten Kids.  I'm actually a little stunned when I look at that picture.  It doesn't feel like that many people (usually).  Dang.  That's a big family!


After pictures, we went home, where Paul made us a lovely brunch.  


It was so nice to have the whole family together.


Katie calls Annaliese "Ni ni lee!"
It's painfully cute.


Annaliese went through the boxes from her bedroom while she was here, tossing some stuff, passing some down to younger sibs, and taking some away with her.  She had me pack away her 3 favorite stuffed animals for "someday when she has kids" in my hope chest.  The next day, I read, "I miss my children as little children. There are some moments that this ache is so strong that I would happily take one of the tantruming, screaming moments that so drove me wild just to be able to hold that little person one more time."  Totally got me teary-eyed.  


This big guy is all settled into his new apartment near his new base, which is just far enough away that he's in no danger of us "dropping in" on him, and just close enough that he can visit often. 


After brunch, all the big kids went outside to play football.


These two played really nicely together in the house.


Lukey hung out upright in his stander/walker.


Big brother telling little brother the next play.
I love this picture.


Lots of laughter.


Lots of action.


Afterwards, we took a trip to the store and then Annaliese showed us her mad smoothie making skillz she's recently gained at her job.  She even let Hannah help her.  

All in all, it was a lovely day.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Please click for us!  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Wow that's a great pic for having that many people & little ones! Beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to say we'd keep having babies until we got an ugly one, LOL!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like the best day ever! (from a mom who also has 2 older children living away from home). Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did a lot better with Z spreading his wings and flying the nest than I did with A. I don't know if it's a boy/girl thing or a state of readiness thing, though.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic day!! I LOVE it when we can get together with family and everyone can be there - it makes for a very special day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very special. :) Kind of a glimpse of our new normal. Weird that all my kids will never live together, but fun to build new memories together.

      Delete