A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

I guess we were due for a trip to urgent care (icky pictures, be forewarned!)


One of the boys was "being a ninja" while holding a broom, and Hannah got whacked.  


Once I got a look at the source of the gushing, I knew it would need stitches.  


Yup, too deep for glue.


So I grabbed her blanket and Brianna and I took her to urgent care.  


She perked up quite a bit when Brianna found a vending machine and got her some Skittles.  


But eventually, the nurse came in to clean her owie.  


Oooh, that stings a little.  


She was SO brave!


 I was so proud of her!  


Irrigating the wound annoyed her a little, but she was a trooper about it.  
 

Nice and clean.  No hope of gluing that shut.  


I told her about the needle, but I might have left out the part where they were going to stab her over and over and over with it.  

She was amazing.  

She looked into my eyes and breathed with me and didn't cry or flinch a bit!  


She wasn't crazy about the "sterile field" towel.


Bri caught this.  Cracks me up!


Before long, the PA had 5 stitches in, and we were almost done.  

She was SO so brave and strong.  At one point, I had to tell her to hold still--not that she was crying or thrashing, she was *giggling*!  The PA was really impressed with her, too.  

Now we're home and she's resting comfortably.  Her clothes are soaking in the washer.  (Yes, I'm that shallow mom who thought, "Don't bleed on your Christmas dress!")  We're supposed to go back to get the stitches out in 5 days.  Never a dull moment.  

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

8 comments:

  1. What a brave little girl. I know many children who would have cried and screamed the whole way though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head wounds are wonderful gushers aren't they? She did so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood on her clothes, the carpet, a dishtowel... Yes, impressive gushers.

      Delete
  3. Poor little thing! Tell her we are so proud of her bravery! Glad she is ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing great now. :) We'll take the stitches out in a couple more days.

      Delete
  4. Head wounds sure do bleed a lot. Did the ninja feel sorry? Looks like she was super duper brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ninja was SUPER sorry! And he did her chores for her the next day, and let her borrow his video game.

      How are you guys doing?? How's the head?

      Delete