A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Our Week In Review (not just homeschool)


Don't you love catching your kids reading?  

One morning, I was ready to start school, and went in search of Eli.  I found him engrossed in A Boy No More, part of a 3 book series set during WW2.


Still enjoying our Fundanoodle pads.  Katie loves to color.


Forgot to mention Art Class at the library last week.  The kids made Christmas cards.  


This was a totally spontaneous project on Eli's part.  It looks like a cross between a Lego head and a Tut mask.  


This week, we finished The Golden Goblet audio book.  The kids played with Pattern Blocks while we listened one day.  


Our set came with pattern block cards, but I found trays (I think at Rainbow Resource?) that are fun to use, too.


Eli was very excited about his next EEME kit arriving.  


This one was a LOUD buzzer.


I'm glad I subscribed for him.  He can do the whole project by himself with the videos online, and he really likes them.  


I ran across the sheet music for Jingle Bells online and printed it for Brianna.  It's sounding festive around here these days.  


Katie continues to fall out of the toddler bed.  Doesn't seem to be bothering her much.  


We started building an Egyptian temple.


It quickly became Brianna's project.  


She worked on it while we finished up our audio book and while I read aloud.  


*I* think it's coming along nicely.


Brianna is rather frustrated with it.  


Eli got started on our Hebrew tabernacle.


Which is not going to be nearly as spectacular as the Egyptian temple.  


Oh, and just because I found it hilariously funny...  A certain 15 year old may have gotten himself STUCK in a size 3T rain coat when playing dress up with his little sisters.  

Hannah is doing well after her injury the other night.  She's seriously the most resilient person I've ever ever ever met.  I kept her home on Friday, but I think it was more for me than for her, as she was back to her old self.  (I do think having a nap that day was beneficial to her, though.)  

Luke saw the neurologist this week.  He pretty much shrugged and suggested getting a second opinion.  Looks like a trip to UCSF is in his future.  


Linking up with Great Peace Academy and:

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are busy and learning and it's so exciting to watch! I need to totally check out the EEME! Thanks fr linking to it. :)
    Thanks for linking up "This Week" at Great Peace Academy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I got to review EEME! It's not something I would have sought out on my own, but Eli loves it!

      Delete