A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Moon Watching


Did you watch the lunar eclipse?  When we first went out, the moon was behind the clouds, and we couldn't see anything at all, but I sat and watched, and eventually, it showed up.


The kids came out sporadically to see what was happening.


It's always fun to get to hang out outside in the dark, right?  


We took some silly pictures.  Eli is about to pluck the moon from the sky and eat it.


A blurry Sam is holding the moon.


I played with the camera settings a little and got some interesting shots.  Some glowing red...


And other shots more monochrome looking.


Brianna "hearts" the moon.  We all wanted to turn off that street light.


As the kids came and went, I continued to take pictures every so often.


We ended up with a nice progression.


These gray moon shots are my favorite.


The glowing ones are not as nice.


The detail in the gray shots was a nice surprise.  Jack said it looked like there were roads on the moon.


So nice of nature to provide us with such a fun and interesting homeschool opportunity only a few months after we studied astronomy!


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

8 comments:

  1. Cool pictures! We loved watching the blood moon the other night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about the next time this will occur... my kids could be watching it with their own kids. I'm glad I made the time for us to experience it together.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimi! I wasn't sure how they would turn out. I assumed Paul's camera would take better pictures than mine, because his is the better camera, but mine turned out better than I expected.

      Delete
  3. We couldn't see the moon because it was cloudy and rainy. THanks for the pictures. The silly ones are really cool.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you missed it! We had clouds at first, but they moved.

      We do silly well. ;) But seriously, my teens are fun to hang out with. :)

      Delete