A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Our Week With An Injury

So, it's been more than a week.  Somehow, I didn't get around to blogging over the weekend.  Katie got hurt at school and was unable to wear her prosthetic for a couple days, so that put a crimp in things for a bit.  She's doing much better now, but still limping a little.  


Paul took Jack to Fall Concert while I stayed home with the girls.  The corpse on stage (light blue jeans, camo hoodie) is Jack.  


Thankful that Paul took a couple of pictures for me.  


Fiona, prancing on the railing.  Scares me, since there's a 15' drop to the first floor if she falls.  


One of the days that Miss Katie was home recuperating, I had her do this craft with me to test it out before doing it with the first graders at school.  


The first graders did a great job with it.  


And when the middle school girls came in and saw my leftover supplies, they used them up.  


I'm kind of in a slump.  The local Kiwanis did a map of decorated houses that you drive around and look at and then vote for your favorite.  There were 15 houses on the map.  We drove by 3 of them.  I don't begrudge the $10 bucks; I know it's for a good cause.  I'm disappointed in myself for not making memories with the kids.  

Also, I put several Trunk or Treat type events on the calendar, and promptly crossed them all off as they passed without me mustering the energy to actually go to any.  I've spent a lot of time reading in bed lately.  


My solitary Halloween craft this year.  Someone posted a picture of a cute kitten in a ribbon collar, and I thought, "That would be easy to make."  


I knew I'd get shredded if I subjected Grumman to such an indignity.  So I put it on Fiona, who gnawed on it for a minute or two while I took some pictures.  She was relieved when I immediately took it off.  


Grumman and Fifi sharing space in front of the heater.  


Matilda went in for a spa day (oil change).  I sat and read a book.  Fortunately, it went faster than the hour & 15 they predicted.  


I dropped off some clothes the girls grew out of at Goodwill.  As I was navigating the backside of the shopping center, it looked like an Easter egg hunt.  I'm assuming somebody spilled ball pit balls.  


I stopped at a Little Free Library near our neighborhood, and noticed the lovely trees.  I always wish that I could paint when the leaves change colors.  


I laughed when I caught sight of the cat being scared off by the herd of geese.  Geese are vicious.  


A small library pickup.  It's been a while!  


Katie got her AWANA shirt.  (She's wearing it over another shirt, hence the strange ruffle sleeves.)  AWANA has come full circle for us.  The first year my kids went, Zach was in T&T, Annaliese was in Sparks, and Josiah and Sam were Cubbies.  We used to sing, "Brianna piranha, too little for AWANA."  Over the years, we've participated in AWANA clubs at at least 3 different churches.  Now, Katie is in T&T.  My last child in the last age group.  How did this happen?  

2 comments:

  1. I wish Katie a complete healing!! Her owl and her own cute self are very darling in the picture.

    The spilled balls everywhere makes me smile! I wonder what the backstory is to that spill? My mind is churning with possibilities.

    Please don't beat yourself up for not making lots and lots of memories with your kids. You're making good ones as you're able. You do such good work caring for your family, and I don't think you should feel guilty or bad.

    At all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She bounced back fairly quickly, but I still see her limping a little.

      Delete