A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Our Before Mom's Trip Week

I'm home!  I'm back!  I'm alive!  And I took over 1,400 pictures while I was gone.  Yikes.  I promise not to share all of them!  This post is a "catch up" of the random things that didn't get shared before I left.  


Bookedy books.  I left my library card with Paul so he could pick up any holds that came in while I was gone.  



Hannah's piano teacher's sister also plays harp, and Hannah got a chance to try it out at church.  


I made myself a travel journal for my Europe trip.  I bought a pack of blank journals so the girls would be able to make one, too, for our Michigan trip.  


I made an expanding pocket for the back of mine, since I like to keep receipts and ticket stubs and maps and such.  


The "expanding" bit was nice.  I think a flat pocket would have been harder to get things in and out of.  


I added a stripe of wide washi tape to the spine.  I wanted maps or passport stamps, but the stamp collection print was the closest thing I found that I liked.  


The finished back pocket


I used Crikey to make a suitcase and "Europe 2022" stickers.  Pretty happy with how it turned out.  It was nice to record random little bits about the trip.  I used a travel journal on my 2015 and 2016 China trips (the advocacy trips), and it makes a fun keepsake to look back and remember the things that fade over time.  


Hannah reading Life Skills 101, a book we got to review on Library Thing.  


Since I was traveling alone, I decided I'd pack as light as possible.  One carry on suitcase and a backpack.  (Although I packed a second, smaller backpack to use "out & about" on excursions and such.)  I knew I'd have to do laundry mid trip, but it was worth it to have a manageable amount of luggage in transit.  


Jack is working at a sign company, and once he got his first paycheck, needed to buy a couple things.  We went to Target, and he experienced the adult sensation of, "Why is everything so expensive?" when he decided he wanted a fan for his room.  


More books.  I got them all stocked up (for at least a few days) before I left.  

2 comments:

  1. What a cute journal!

    I love it when young adults have those experiences when shopping. :) It is one of the most "lightbulb" growing-up moments.

    I hope the book stacks lasted well enough while you were gone.
    (Anne)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul didn't take the girls to pick new books while I was gone, so they ran out of things to read. But it gave them a reason to be happy to see me, I guess, lol.

      Delete