A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Back to School


So here I am, all by myself.  No excuse for not blogging now, eh?


These guys started school a week ago.  This is actually their second day of school.


Brianna had Senior Sunrise on the first day.  Boy sent me this picture.  He earns major points with me for sending me photos.


Miss Hannah, first day of 5th grade.  She's been to school before, having attended the local public school for K-2nd grade.  So she's adjusting to a new school, but not the idea of going to school.  She's pretty adaptable.  I'm not worried about how she'll do.  She'd already made a friend of one of the other 5th grade girls at orientation night, and she knows one of the 4th grade girls in her 4/5 combo class, too.


Miss Katie, first day of second grade.  Oh my heart!  Love that gap toothed smile.  She's getting so big.  This is Katie's first time going to school, so it will be an adjustment.  It's such a blessing that she's in a class of EIGHT kids.  She won't get lost in the crowd at this little school.


Today is Jack's first day of 8th grade.  Probably not an easy grade to start classroom school for the first time ever.  I'm anxious to hear how it goes for him.  I'm looking forward to the ride from his school to Eli's school, where he'll be up front with me, and I can hear all about it.


Backpacks full of every school supply imaginable.  Lunchboxes packed.  And they're off!

Meanwhile, I'll just hang out here and frost some First Day of School cupcakes.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

4 comments:

  1. How I hope this year is one of joyful growth for you all!!! Happy back to school! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The girls had a great first day, and Jack, while not excited, seems to have done okay, too.

      I'm finding I can make phone calls and *actually hear* the people on the other end of the phone! Silver linings. :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! What a change for you all. Good luck in the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So far, it's going well, except Jack has had a growth spurt, and all his uniform pants are too short all the sudden, lol. New pants are on their way.

      Delete