A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, December 15, 2017

Sam's Visit


Sam came home for Thanksgiving.  Blogging fell by the wayside, of course, as we spent time enjoying having him here for almost 2 weeks. 


He surprised us by coming home 2 days before we were expecting him! 


His former football coach picked him up at the airport, and then Sam changed into his uniform at their house before showing up on our doorstep.  Doesn't he look great?  I'm so proud of him. 


Sam and Eli are pretty much tied in height right now, although Eli's hair is fluffier. 


Paul's trying to prove that he's taller than them.  I'm pretty sure only Zach is taller now. 


Jack is going to pass me up in the next year. 


It was fun to see my boys hanging out together. 


Sam's coach gave him a giant Snickers bar, and he polished it off in just a couple of days. 


Whenever I sat my phone down, I would find random selfies on it later. 


Not even all taken by Sam, actually.  I think I must have been making school lunches or something here. 


One day, Zach and Brayden came to hang out with us. 


We went out to lunch, and the boys told bidet stories.  :blink,blink:  Who knew?


Shockingly, we ended up with leftover pizza, which the school kids were happy to polish off when they got home. 


On Thanksgiving, we went out front for a quick family picture.  We're missing Annaliese, who is still in New Zealand, and Heather, who had to work.


Brayden was being silly during pictures, but I got one that was okay for a Christmas card. 


After the big meal, we played games. 


A fellow Marine friend that Sam met in tech school drove up from Camp Pendleton to spend Thanksgiving here. 


That seemed kinda grown up ish to me...  until I found them eating crayons. 

Not. Even. Kidding.


"Who me?" 


But it was a really good visit.  Sam got to go out with his local friends.  We went grocery shopping together (which is one of our favorite things to do together), and Christmas shopping.  We had some good conversations, and just hung out. 


The tree went up the day after Thanksgiving.  I wanted to do it before Sam left, since he wouldn't be home for Christmas. 


My boy.  My Sammers.  My Marine. 


My fourth child.  The one who taught me that no two kids were ever going to be the same.  My athletic, class clown, fearless (except for glitter) son. 

 

The days passed quickly, and soon it was time to say goodbye. 


We said our goodbyes at bedtime because Paul and Sam would be leaving for the airport super early.  I secretly thought I'd wake up and get one more hug in before he left, but I missed it. 


Vaya con Dios, my son.  Your mama is super proud of you. 



This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

3 comments:

  1. What a good-looking, lovable young man!

    Eating crayons, though!?!?!?! :)

    You all look so very happy together . . . what a wonderful blessing to be getting to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's always been one to make me laugh. :) For the most part, I've really enjoyed my teenagers/young adults.

      Delete