A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Finishing Up December


Backing up to before Christmas for a little bit...  We did a family race.


This was a 1.2 mile walk, so I knew the girls could do it.


Jack was supposed to come with us, but it was 2 days after he sprained his ankle.


After the race, there were goodie bags!


We took the girls to a local live nativity.  That's a friend's son, playing one of the Roman soldiers outside the Bethlehem town square.


Mary & Joseph


Katie's finished mission project.  90% of 4th graders in California make one of these.  We chose a mission that we've been to, Mission San Jose.


Sat through another elementary school production.


Did my 12th 5K.  If someone had told me last January that I would do a dozen 5K races in 2019, I would not have believed them!


Rousing round of family Scrabble.  Sam won.


Spent time hanging out with my boy.


Took the "kids" (they're literally all grown ups, when did that happen?) ice skating.  We met Zach and Brayden there.


Sam had never been on ice skates, and he did great!


I love the way he just throws himself into something.


I hadn't been on the ice in a decade, but I got out there and did it.  At one point, I looked around and realized I was the oldest person skating. 


Zach gave Miss Adorable some pointers.


Gosh, they're cute.  Notice Eli's gloves?  Those were part of our loot from the family race.  Super handy.

And that's it for December and for 2019!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of joy! I'm happy for you!

    That mission project looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a wonderful visit. And he's only got a year left, so that's encouraging to me.

      I didn't really get involved in the mission, except buying the materials. Eli took it upon himself to help her assemble it, which was super helpful. I do wish we'd have bought better paint colors, though.

      Delete