A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Have Yourself A Christiansen Christmas #bookreview

 


You ever read a book and wish it would never end?  You just want to keep reading about these characters you've come to know so well?  Back in 2014 & 2015, I reviewed some of the books in Susan May Warren's Christiansen Family series.  So when she asked for reviewers for Have Yourself A Christiansen Christmas, I jumped at the chance.  

I got a few pages in and thought, "I barely remember who's who.  Maybe I should just start over."  


So out came the whole series.  (Almost.  I couldn't find my copy of Evergreen, so I requested it from the library.)  Very little else got done around here as I devoured them all over again, remembering why I enjoyed them so much, even though they made me cry.  The Christiansens are a strong, close-knit family with a good balance of faith and humanity.  

The next time I picked up Have Yourself A Christiansen Christmas, it was with eager anticipation to catch up with old friends.  HYACC takes place after a gap of about 7 years since the last Christiansen Family book.  The babies are kids, and the kids are teens now.  The young adults are (mostly) mature married folk now.  

One of the things I liked about Have Yourself A Christiansen Christmas, is that the characters are more mature than your typical romance.  A lot of books have all the fireworks of initial attraction and how a couple comes together.  This book shows the longevity of deep relationships and the hard work of living out that togetherness.  I think I appreciate that more because I'm no longer in the fireworks season of life, and while I still appreciate a good fluff romance from time to time, this book resonated with me more.  

The 7 couples (including Ingrid & John, the parents) deal with a variety of issues in this book.  Blessings, losses, good and bad surprises, misunderstandings, secrets, and opportunities.  But they face these challenges with a strong family support network.  I'm not supposed to share specifics, so as to not spoil anything for you, but I really enjoyed the book, and I hope author Susan May Warren will update us again in the future.  



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post and I hope keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog posts, exclusive deals online for the seasonal discounts up to 90% OFF. Grab this offer this week celebrations of Christmas Day and New Year 2022. So you don’t loose this opportunity for the people. Get online Beaded Handbags for ladies shop online the Special Gifts at Modishport.

    ReplyDelete