A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

June in a Nutshell

The school awards ceremony was actually the very last day of May, but we'll throw it in here anyway.  


Certificates were awarded.  


Applause happened.  


Summer camp at Wolf Mountain.


It's nice to be hitting some of the same places they went last year, because I'm starting to get familiar with the route.  (Matilda still goes straight to the car wash after leaving the gravel roads.)


We started the process for a new leg.  We've actually got the leg now, we just need to go back soon for a different foot that's on order.


My dad & step mom were here for a visit, and we took the kids to the new Museum of Science and Curiousity.


It was a fun place to spend a few hours.  Lots of hands on exhibits.  


It's the kind of place I'd want a membership to if my kids were little.  


It was a nice visit, and I'm glad my girls got to spend a little time with grandparents.  I feel bad for them because the older kids got a lot more grandparent time, when we all lived closer together.  


My dad with Jack and Josiah.


And Bri made a quick trip to our area for a bridal shower weekend.  It was wonderful to see her, and she and I took the girls to a local rock shop.  Bri knows so much about rocks and minerals, and she just lit up explaining things to the girls while we were there.  


I fired up Crikey to make a journal for our trip.  (And then I was terrible about writing in it while we were on vacation.)  


Some bibs I made for the grandbabies.  There's an avocado one that's not finished, but I have to take my serger in for a spa day before I can complete it.  The farmer's market, watermelon, and banana prints came from the March quilt show.  The striped yellow coordinate was in a batch of stuff someone from church gave me.  The green, I picked up at JoAnn's.  The argyle and dots were leftovers from reversible toddler pants I made years ago.  

2 comments:

  1. Such cute bibs. How fun to have your daughter home for a visit. And the fact that she lit up teaching her little sisters about rocks and minerals--there's something so perfect about kids finding their passions and sharing them.

    The name "Museum of Science and Curiosity" could be a book title. It's the best museum name I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's especially apt, since they abbreviate it MOSAC, and it's in Sacramento.

      I'm already looking forward to her being in town again next month for the wedding she's attending.

      Delete