A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, August 4, 2023

Santa Cruz

After Winchester Mystery house, we drove to Santa Cruz.  


When we first started planning the trip, we picked up a bunch of books about California, and I had the girls each make a list of places they wanted to go.  


Dinner on the pier, which Katie kept calling a Pierre.  We had fish & chips.  


Then we went down to the beach to touch the ocean.  


I tried to plan out our trip so that we wouldn't be in the car for more than 3, 3 1/2 hours at a stretch.  


Fortunately, there's interesting things to see & do everywhere, so that wasn't a problem.


It's been a good long while since my toes were in the ocean.  I'm thinking 2019, when I was in North Carolina.  


Of course I saw the ocean last summer, on the cruise ship, but it's not quite the same.


The portions at the restaurant were generous, so we had to go boxes with us.  I flung a fry or two to a seagull, and you can imagine how that ended.  We had a dozen or so come and beg.  One of them even tried to fly off with Hannah's dinner box.  

No comments:

Post a Comment